This deluxe ceramic sharpening rod works like a charm. Unlike a honing rod, this ceramic-coated rod actually grinds away material to create a NEW cutting edge on your knife.
- Size IS important - the extra 3" makes a difference! The 11" long contact surface allows for easy "tip to heel" sharpening without having a lot of experience in honing.
- The rod is covered with a 400 grit ceramic compound; it seems rough at first but will lose that effect pretty quickly after a few uses. What you are left with is a long-lasting smooth and even sharpening serface that makes touching up your blade quick and easy.
- The oval shape allows you to utilize 360° of this rod: the flat surfaces for smooth blades and the small radius for rough serration.
This ceramic sharpening rod actually sharpens your blade like an abrasive. Use once a week to get rid of the burr that makes your knife dull OR use over the course of the day as needed in the kitchen or out in the bush.
We suggest using predominantly one side at first, this will enable you to have one side stay rougher, which comes in handy when you have a very dull blade with a lot of material to remove.
How To Use:
- Place the rubber base of the sharpening rod on a solid surface. Apply light downward pressure to avoid slipping during use.
- Place heel of your blade at the top of sharpening rod at the preferred 15°-20° angle.
- Sharpen the knife from heel to tip and repeat 2-3 times, then turn to the other side of the knife until blade sharp.
- Clean the knife with water and dry it after use; clean the knife sharpener with a non-abrasive brush.
11" V-SAN Deluxe Ceramic Sharpening Rod
- Style: Oval Sharpening Rod
- Rod Length: 11"
- Rod Material: Ceramic
- Handle Material: High-Grade Plastic
- Net Weight: 316g