In Japan, the kiritsuke is used for all the tasks for which you would use a chef's knife. Known as the master chef's knife, it offers top cutting performance and versatility. With its straighter edge, the Shun Premier 8-in. Kiritsuke is ideal for slicing and push cuts. Julienne, dice, or brunoise vegetables with ease. It is also an excellent choice for cleaning and portioning boneless proteins, and particularly fish. It slices cooked proteins easily and gracefully. Once you try it, you will probably find yourself reaching for your Shun Premier Kiritsuke more and more often.
This Kiritsuke is part of the beautiful Shun Premier line, which calls to mind the hand-forged knives of ancient Japan. While each knife still takes at least 100 handcrafted steps to complete, the materials Shun uses are among the most advanced in the industry. Each blade has a cutting core of Shun's proprietary VG-MAX “super steel” to take and hold a precision edge. The layered Damascus cladding supports the core and provides additional stain resistance. Near the edge of the blade, where the steels meet, an undulating line is formed—similar to the hamon formed when samurai swords are tempered using a traditional clay-baking technique. The hammered tsuchime finish acts like a series of hollow-ground cavities to reduce drag. The handles nestle comfortably in the hand, while the embossed end cap adds balance and beauty.
Shun Premier 8" Kiritsuke
- A multi-purpose knife treasured by Japanese master chefs
- VG-MAX cutting core; the latest in the VG line of “super steels”; wear resistant, corrosion resistant, holds a fine, sharp edge; 16° each side
- 68 micro layers of Damascus cladding look beautiful, support and protect the core
- Hammered TSUCHIME finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Walnut finish, contoured Pakkawood® handle; offers comfort and control; resists moisture
- Handcrafted in Japan