As you would expect, this beautiful knife is the right tool for two key kitchen chores - boning and filleting. When boning, the narrow, sharp, curved blade gets in close to the bone, making it easy to separate meat from bone. Shun's extremely sharp edge even cuts through fibrous material with ease.
It's perfect for trimming the silver skin from a tenderloin or roast or even making your own cutlets. The narrow blade reduces the drag as you cut against the meat, so cutting is fast and easy. When it comes to filleting fish, the blade's 6-in. length is just right to glide through the body of the fish, quickly removing bones and skin. The contoured Premier handle provides a secure grip for excellent control.
Shun Premier 6" Gokujo Boning/Fillet)
- Curved, rigid blade gets in close and offers controlled cutting
- VG-MAX cutting core; the latest in the VG line of “super steels”; wear resistant, corrosion resistant, holds a fine, sharp edge; 16° each side
- 68 micro layers of Damascus cladding look beautiful, support and protect the core
- Hammered TSUCHIME finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Walnut finish, contoured Pakkawood® handle; offers comfort and control; resists moisture
- Handcrafted in Japan