Known as the master chef's knife, the kiritsuke is used for all the tasks for which you would use a chef's knife and offers top cutting performance and versatility. The striking looking Shun Classic 8-in. Kiritsuke is ideal for slicing and push cuts. Julienne, dice, or brunoise vegetables with ease. It is also an excellent choice for cleaning and portioning boneless proteins, and particularly fish. It slices cooked proteins easily and gracefully. The Shun Classic Kiritsuke also features a slightly curved edge so that it even works well with rocking cuts. Once you try it, you will find yourself reaching for your Shun Classic Kiritsuke more and more often.
The Shun Classic line features beautiful Damascus-clad blades and D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handles. Yet behind these handcrafted knives' beauty is function: razor-sharp blades offering top performance. Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel, which provides incredible edge retention, is clad with Damascus stainless steel, then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel. The result is a line of knives that are sharp, durable, and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold. The Shun Classic line also offers you the widest assortment of both traditional culinary blade shapes and cutting-edge designs, so you can always find the right knife for the task.
Shun Classic 8" Kiritsuke
- Blade Length 8 in. (203mm)
- Blade Steel VG–MAX
- Blade Steel Layers 69 layer Damascus
- Blade Edge Non-Serrated
- A multipurpose knife treasured by Japanese master chefs
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan