In Japan, this knife style is known as a gyuto. It is the Japanese equivalent of the chef's knife. In other words, it is an all-purpose knife. Ideal for meat and fish, it performs beautifully on vegetables, too. Although the blade profile is narrower than the traditional chef's knife, it still offers plenty of knuckle clearance when cutting on a board. If you are looking for a lighter, more nimble multi-purpose kitchen knife, the Shun Classic Asian Cook's Knife is sure to become your go-to knife for a wide range of food preparation tasks.
The Shun Classic 7-in. Asian Cook's Knife is part of the Shun Classic line of tasteful and contemporary cutlery. The Shun Classic line features beautiful Damascus-clad blades and D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handles. Yet behind these handcrafted knives' beauty is function: razor-sharp blades offering top performance. Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel, which provides incredible edge retention, is clad with Damascus stainless steel, then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel. The result is a line of knives that are sharp, durable, and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold. The Shun Classic line also offers you the widest assortment of both traditional culinary blade shapes and cutting-edge designs, so you can always find the right knife for the task.
Shun Classic 7" Asian Cook's Knife
- Blade length: 7"
- A traditional Japanese all-purpose knife
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan